Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 August, 2011

Meet My Dala Horse Babies - Tiny 3D Soft Toys



This is the very mischievous Laila who won't sit still and is often missing from the group.  I had trouble getting her to sit quietly for the photo below, hence it's a bit blurred.




Her brother Thor is featured below.  Thor is already displaying signs of leadership, whether that will change or not remains to be seen, I don't think his brother Bo will give him much grief.  Thor's been having a bit of trouble with Laila, but he is very young and Laila is a handful already and only a couple of days old!  What will become of her?



The other siblings in this decorative family is Inga, she is so shy, oh my goodness, she is cute though.  Quite often she can be found hiding behind Thor and I had a bit of trouble getting her to look at the camera.




Brother Bo, who we think might turn out to be the romantic, was found once or twice peering into the mirror admiring his beautiful adornments.  He can be so vain.






Their mother and father, Darma and Winter were presented to the world last week and it goes without saying that they are very proud parents.  Darma is slightly exhausted with the effort of delivering the four babes into the world and is currently resting.  Winter, the proud dad is keeping an eye on them whilst mum is resting.  Winter has a lot to learn about keeping four frisky, delinquent foals at bay but he has great pride and in time will have the kids under control.

If you would like to see more traditional Dala horse craft then pop by here at Gingerbread Snowflakes as Pam is one of the organisers of the Dala Horse Craftalong.  There is a link to the Craftalong at the top of this page if you would like to see photos of Dala horses made by participants of the Craftalong or click here to view the flickr group.  The other organisers of the Craftalong are Carina at Carina's Craftblog,  Kathryn at the The Pickled Herring and Hanna at  ihanna blog.  These ladies know what a traditional Dala is all about and you'll learn heaps from them.  I, on the other hand have adapted what knowledge I have about these deliriously gorgeous horses and gone completely overboard with their decorations.  I had so much fun, that that was how four more were born and now I have a family of Dala horses.


                              Hope you enjoy my babies.

7 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ! can't decide which one I like best...maybe Inga she really does look shy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I followed you here from Jodie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon county. Have a great weekend folks. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jodie! Inga is definitely my favorite too.

    And I love your story above about each baby Dala.

    Left notes on every one of your babies on the craftalong flicker group, but I just wanted to give you an extra big thank you hug for sharing your entire family of Dala horses with all of us!

    I can't imagine you ever being able to walk past this little family without smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these, great work! Such a creative twist incorporating crochet, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are beautiful....really special. I just found you through meet me at mikes.
    Keep up the great work xox Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers