Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

25 July, 2011

Dala Horse Soft Toys

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, it's Christmas in July




Winter & Darma Dala Horses


Winter





Darma




I've been secretly working with Pam from Gingerbread Snowflakes on the 3D Dala Horses.  I didn't even know what a Dala was until about a month ago.  Pam gave me links and lots of information that I soaked up like a sponge and then got to work making my Dala's.
There are some other blogs which have a keen interest in this little Christmas in July challenge so you should sooch over and check out what's going on.  Carina at Carina's Craftblog has the most beautiful embroidery designs, then Katryn at The Pickled Herring blogspot who amongst other things produces beautiful felt inspired Scandinavian Crafts and don't forget Pam from Gingerbread Snowflakes who has been working on her own Dala 3D horse.


If you would like to make a Dala horse similar to mine, click here to go to the tutorial and download the pattern template.  Thanks for visiting and I 'd love to hear what you think of my Dala's and let me know how you go if you decide to use my pattern.


Cheers and Merry Christmas for July

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I know what a dala is because i like ikea and hanna andersson (clothing)! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Yay for Christmas in July with Dala Horses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I am completely amazed!

    A few short weeks ago you had never heard of "Dala Horses" and now you are the proud owner of two real beauties - THAT you made yourself!

    You make it all look so easy. And I love them both so much!

    And to top it all off you have included a pattern! If I had realized (and I should have) that you could just whip up a pattern I would have asked you to make me one and saved myself a LOT of frustration!

    Thank you so much for joining in the celebration and sharing your beautiful Dala's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, they are so cute. Winter is my favorite, what an adorable Dala Horse! Thanks for sharing them + patttern, very generous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW, those are super, super cute! Pam emailed me about this craft along and I'm so glad she did. I would love to link to your pattern if you didn't mind. This is such an adorable series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have you on board Rachel. Link away and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! I have always been drawn to the dala horse image. What a fantastic project.

    Gwen
    Gwenny Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you via One Pretty Thing. I have been following Gingerbread Snowflakes Dala Celebration and had to come by and see your horses. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dala horses + baby toys = LOVE! Just look at my profile picture! :)
    www.sweetishbabyboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how gorgeous yours are...I saw them at feelin' stitchy and was very tempted....now it's a gotta!

    Enjoying your blog too btw
    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS At the DTE forum is a thread where you can post the link to your blog so that other members can come over and have a look.

    It's under Kitchen Table :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to drop everything and make one of these right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are darling ~ My dd will love these in the morning! We are going to make a few as part of fundraiser for swedish folk dancing group and our medical fundraiser team ~ Trupp for Two. Thanks for sharing your pattern, I appreciate the many steps it saved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers