Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

08 April, 2013

H is for Handmade - A to Z Challenge


Today is about my involvement with handmade crafts.
I'm always short on words because I know anyone who may visit and take the time to read this doesn't have time for a lengthy post, therefore this will be short and sweet.
I've been making handmade items for years, since I was fourteen ~ make that many, many years I've been making handmade items! 


Handmade by me

I give all my work away, I've never sold anything. Too scared mostly and everything I do has been done before, so who would want to buy my stuff.  I love giving my stuff away and I would never give anything that I wasn't truly happy with.
 
Sewing is a breeze for me and not much of a challenge, so I find I'm moving more towards drawing and painting (Oil) and I know that the only way I'm going to improve is to practice and one day I hope my paintings will be as much a breeze for me as my sewing is now.

Like I said in my post yesterday, I am very grateful to have found so many clever internet people. I have paid for and mostly enjoyed hours of tutorials on painting and drawing and I've enjoyed sharing my efforts ~ however humble they may be.



Handpainted by me
 
So for today, my point is all things handmade make me happy, especially if I'm the maker.




 

24 comments:

  1. you have a great gift - to give lovely pieces of yourself away.
    wish more people looked at creativity as something to share rather to make money with (but that's me)

    happy A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks for visiting Leslie, one day maybe I'II get on the bandwagon and sell.

      Delete
  2. Lovely :-) For the first time in ages I'm knitting a jacket and crocheting a cardigan. Let's hope I finish and actually get to wear them!

    Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love handmade crafts, you seem to have a talent. It's great that you give them away but you should have more confidence and realise how good you are, I'm sure if you set up a craft stall somewhere you would find people would buy your work, not that you have to do it for money of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowena, craft stalls scare me but thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Your Happiness painting is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks Pam I love that I find peace and tranquility in the process.

      Delete
  5. I've started sewing and crafting. Almost said "again" but I didn't really do it a lot way back when. I enjoy looking at something--an old dress--and thinking about what I could make out of them By the way, I say write your posts as long or as short as you want. :-)

    I'm AtoZing at
    Take 25 to Hollister
    Don't be a Hippie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding really old dresses, especially with lots of old lace ~ there are a zillion things you can do with that I agree.

      Delete
  6. I've made a few handmade crafts, mostly beaded jewelry, wreaths and Dream catchers. It's fun to do.

    Dark Thoughts Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dream catchers I've made some myself but I gave them away. Need to make some for myself.

      Delete
  7. Hi Chris .. I admire the creativity within you - I'd love to have those talents .. and the workmanship looks lovely .. still I can admire from afar!!

    I hope you're enjoying the A-Z ...

    Enjoy using your hands so creatively .. and you obviously do .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handmade items are the best, especially if they are from my kids.
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris - I love your painting! Handmade makes everything more special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty painting. Handmade is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handmade makes me happy too!

    visiting from A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable clown! You should totally sell on etsy if you ever get comfortable with the idea. Love it! Stopping by from the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes we fear rejection and I can tell you that you are following your creative bliss. Keep doing it! You never know where it will take you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the clown, very cute. Like you I like crafts and I also give my stuff away. First to family, then started a charity, Bride and Beyond.

    Good luck with your painting and drawing, I can you like color, as do I.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crafting is a great art form! Visiting from A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. The clown is perfect! You are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love handmade! Personally, I'm more into crocheting, but sewing is lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Handmade items are very special! I used to cross-stitch in elementary school, and it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The joy in your beautiful work is obvious. Lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers