Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

31 May, 2011

Seductive Sabine - Cloth Art Doll

Today I want to share with you one of the first cloth doll projects I have ever made; and only recently I might add.  Her name is Seductive Sabine.  She was designed by Michelle Munzone of Bambole Designs and the project/pattern was made available in the Australian Dolls Bears and Collectables magazine Vol 17 No 2. 

Like I said she is my very first cloth doll and I had never had experience in turning fingers before.  Well,  I had to re-do her arms about three times before I came close to making something acceptable.  Thank goodness I could paint her nails, it helped to cover up some tiny frayed bits. 

I am disappointed in her face and I know that I really need a teacher to get this right if I want to continue with this craft.  In the absence of a teacher, I have purchased a book from Susie McMahon (a local Tasmanian artist) on painting faces so I guess if I apply her advice and lots of practice my next doll might be better looking.


My Sabine has pride of place sitting on my kitchen dresser.    I'm happy with her hands and clothes, but I need to work on the attention to detail that Michelle and other artists put into their sculptured dolls.


Have a great day and thanks for reading my blog

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers