Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

21 July, 2011

Friday What's on my mind

What's this mystery object?

Last Friday I posted a strange item and asked anyone if they new what it was.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to guess.  A couple were close, even warm but I'II show you what it really is.


Well, it’s called a Vinturi - apparently wine needs to breathe!  As wine breathes, it opens up and releases its intended aromas and flavours.  This fancy item can be used for a single glass of wine, whereas the other alternative, if you decant wine, is to pour the wine into a jug.  My son said it’s the same principle as a carburettor except when associated with a car it’s called Venturi.  The carburettor mixes air with the liquid.

This is my husbands 2 minutes of fame demonstrating how his Vinturi works.  

Link back to Down To Earth to see what other people have on their mind today.
Have a great day

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I would've never guessed it was for wine. Good to know wine needs to breath!love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over from Rhonda's blog. Never seen one of those before. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have NEVER guessed!

    Very cool. Would make a great gift for friends who love good wine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers